All of us have those moments that we might call aha! moments or teachable moments. When this happens in my life, I want to journal them for future thought. Perhaps you can connect with some of my experiences.



Friday, June 4, 2010

A Day of Silence

Today was a day of silence.  I hadn't planned this day.  As I cleaned, read, ate and rested, the silence lovingly swam around me.  In fact, it felt so good that I recognized it for what it was.....a gift, and then spent the rest of the day revealing in it. And then more purposefully continued it.

What went with the silence was another gift.  A silent mind.  Usually my mind is flying from one topic to the next.  It just won't shut down.  It's like a tape recorder in your mind where someone keeps pushing the rewind and play button. But for today, my mind more or less stayed on what it was doing.

I know that this kind of a day can happen more often if I cultivate the habit. But sometimes these days just are given to us as a gift.  I am so glad that I unwrapped it!

When was the last day you had a day of silence?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a day of silence...I suppose I'll have to wait until my babes are older! Sounds lovely! Thank you for joining 12 Things - can't wait to read your list!

    ReplyDelete